Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lipstick Jungle - TV Show

"Lipstick Jungle" was adapted from a novel written by Candace Bushnell. I couldn't say that the tv show is flawless. In fact, I didn't really like the first episode. But later on, I find the storyline realistic, exciting and funny.

The female characters showcase how real women act to tough situations as any real women should. They don't just flaunt their stylish wardrobe or sexuality instead they show their intelligence and genuine friendship.



Kim Raver plays as Nico Railey who is an editor in chief of a hot fashion magazine and torn between a boring husband and a hot young photographer. Brooke Shields is a successful studio chief who is working on that career and family life balance. Lindsay Price is a fashion designer named Victory Ford who is trying to regain her career while coping with her billionaire boyfriend.

Critics say it is an obvious clone of Sex and the City. That could be good or bad. What I know is that this desirable group is a good, late night entertainment. I prefer watching this than those predictable reality shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.