Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ant Season is here

Hello summer and hello to ant season!


My lil cookery seems to be swarmed by ants. It's starting to be an eye sore as I notice more ants crawling on the walls now than before with their nests everywhere around the kitchen.


It seems like these crawlers are getting into everything - marching behind the cabinets and sink. It's weird. There were also million of dead ants floating over my cooking oil jar and my dish washing soap dispenser. I think they can't stand the summer heat and humidity so they commit mass suicide.

Some experts explains that no matter where your house is located or how old it is, it could still be invaded by these insects. So our ant control began by cleaning everything from floor to ceiling and placing some rock salt on small cracks where they hide. It's pretty effective so far. I don't want to use bug sprays. As much as possible, I want to use eco-friendly ingredients in controlling ants.

If you're having the same ant problem, you may also try using coffee grounds or vinegar. And of course, the most practical tip that I could give you is to keep the area clean. They go straight to where food and water is so if they couldn't find food, they wouldn't stay there.


3 comments:

  1. practical and useful tip you have here. :) take care and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great tips.;D
    I'd rather use natural way to control those ants.Thanks for sharing it to us.;D Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jo,

    having unwanted ants around the kitchen and practically all over the house is annoying, bug sprays doesn't help at all. i'll try your suggestions. i read in the internet that flour will also help eliminate ants especially in the kitchen tiles.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.