Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You think you don't need PhilHealth?


Think again!

If you're wise and you think about protecting your family, you shouldn't neglect your health care insurance.
PhilHealth is a Philippine Government health care program. It only costs Php300.00 every quarter and you get both outpatient and inpatient coverage. It may not be as comprehensive as American health care but it's not bad, eh?

For the past years, I had very little knowledge about my insurance and benefits. My recent resignation pushed me to take a closer look of our coverage. Soon enough, Gilbert and I headed to the Angeles City branch. I was honestly expecting an exhausting and difficult experience like all the horror stories I hear about local government offices. To my surprise, it took us only less than an hour to accomplish what we intend to do.

We were informed politely by the security guard/information assistant on what form to fill-up and which area to proceed. The next lady from the Membership Section was very friendly and concerned about our queries. I deactivated my membership so that Gilbert can add me as his dependent. After about ten minutes, they handed our new Member Data Record so our last step was to proceed to the Cashier and pay for our coverage. It was that easy!

There were enough chairs for everyone and best of all, the entire room was cool enough so waiting for a few minutes doesn't make people frown. Kudos to the management of PhilHealth Angeles City! The office is located at
Nepo Mart II, Nepo Commercial Complex, Angeles City
.

1 comment:

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.