Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Seven Pounds: Movie Review

"I did something bad once and I'm never gonna be the same."

Starring:

Will Smith - Ben/Tim Thomas

Rosario Dawson - Emily Posa

Woody Harrelson - Ezra Turner

Michael Ealy - Ben's Brother

Directed by: Gabriele Muccino

I have to admit that we decided to watch this movie only because of its mysterious movie trailer.

I'm glad we did.

The story revolves around a compassionate IRS agent names Ben Thomas and his quest to track seven individuals who are in desperate need of help. The start of the film will glue you to your screen as it slowly unveils his intentions to make up for something he has done in the past. Seven Pounds highlights true feelings, sacrifice, forgiveness and selflessness.

Gilbert and I were strongly moved by this movie. We were sobbing! It is indeed an intense, mind boggling, rare and fantastically acted movie - definitely must see! It started slow but it ended with a sweeping conclusion. And if this movie won't touch the deepest part of you, you're not normal.

Five out of Five stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.