Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Those sweet bunch of fresh flowers would surely melt a lady's heart on V day.

Make me an exception.

Well, okay, I lied. I like flowers but a single white rose is enough to make me smile.
Watching the late night news, I can't imagine how a dozen of roses could cost up to a thousand pesos. With today's global crisis, it's not really practical to use all that money for flowers.

Gilbert knows me too well I guess. He spent the last few days making me my Valentine's Gift - a gorgeous, sturdy kitchen rack. I've been telling him how I like to enhance our kitchen space for my everyday cooking. He bought the steel from a junk shop, repainted and cut it equally. The thick wood and high pressure laminates (HPL) were purchased from the newly opened Wilcon Builders in Dau, Pampanga.


almost done

All kitchen clutter is now gone!

I didn't get any teddy bear, balloon, flowers nor chocolates for V Day. We didn't dine in an overpriced restaurant along with everyone else in the world. And it's perfectly fine.

Gilbert and I enjoyed the company of our families instead with a home-made dinner. No traffic jam, no horrific crowd. Just tons of laughter and stories. Having all of them in my life means more to me than anything else.

Oh and by the way...

I also got this La Senza sheer luxe mesh from my Valentine date. I was totally surprised and I love it!

Thanks sweetie! Happy Hearts' Day to everyone!


1 comment:

  1. wow jo...a v day gift with a personal touch, nothing can beat that!

    i notice a picture of you & bebe in the kitchen rack.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.