Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Money-Saving Resolutions

In 2009, I am committing to these money-saving resolutions.

- It'll break my heart but I need to ditch my designer coffee habit. It gave me palpitations years ago so I promised not to drink coffee anymore. Well as they say, promises are made to be broken. My hectic schedule as a trainer pushed me to drink that tempting, aromatic liquid again. So this year, instead of heading to SM Clark Starbucks, I'll settle with a cup of Nescafe classic at home.

- Goodbye to my credit card debt. I’ll need extra discipline to ignore whatever heels or lingerie that will catch my eye until I’ve paid my balance.

- Settling my bills online will save me both time and energy instead of going personally to the bank. Besides, I will have real time access to my income and expenses so BIG thanks to BPIExpressOnline!

- I will allocate a little more on our lot amortization. Allotting an additional Php5,000 a month on our current paying plan will save me around Php40,000 and I could pay it off over two years early.

- Sticking to my monthly budget is a bit difficult. If I can't keep up to it, I will try budgeting expenses weekly. It's always wise to know where our income is going and it'll help me determine any unnecessary expenses.

1 comment:

  1. - one more tip, check articles at pinoybreadwinner.blogspot.com so I can help Dupax earn more Google adsense.. LOL

    ReplyDelete

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.