Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bed Weather

January and February of each year are usually the cold months in the Philippines. But there's something different with the weather this year. I grew up in the Philippines and I've never felt this cool breeze of air in our city before. The 17°C temperature is also consistent throughout the past days and nights. We're like living in Baguio City which is the coldest place in the country. (According to the news, the temperature in Baguio is almost 07°C today.) These exceptional colder days bring out my hibernating mode... and I'm not enjoying it.

My faithful alarm wakes me up at seven in the morning but these January winds and weak light are pulling me back beneath the sheets. This somber weather also frustrates my sports minded and physically active hubby. Gilbert has tendencies to hit the couch any moment too but I'm trying to motivate him in sticking with his exercise routine.

Close friends can affirm how much I prefer warm, sunny days with the blue sky, or fruit shakes and barbeque beside the beach. But I guess, I need to live up to it especially now they're saying that the earth is on the brink of Ice Age. Whoa! Let's prepare for that, just in case. (
Source: http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/106922-0/)

I was thinking of ways on how I can stay fit and at the same time, be more creative at home when the weather is this gloomy. So here goes my list:

1. Make myself busy - First thing that came to my mind is to do my household chores. I'm hitting two birds with one stone. Oooppss, make that three! Our little home is cleaner than ever. I have a fit and toned body through stretching. I'm being productive despite this chilly weather. Yippie! I started to clear off a section in our already too cluttered closet for our cold gear - jackets, scarfs, and thick socks.


2. Drink water - EVEN IF I am not thirsty. Remember that a person can be dehydrated in the cold as in the summer season. 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday is still advisable. Besides, it'll keep myself internally moisturized and prevent dry skin.


3. Care for my skin - When temperatures drop, it also zap the moisture on our skin. I replenish it by using mild soap to clean my face every morning and before I sleep. I also exfoliate and scrub my skin before showering at least once a week. And lastly, moisturize using a lotion everyday with a natural ingredient. Organic is better.


TIP: You can apply lotion on your feet at night and cover them with cotton socks to keep them moisturized. Believe it or not, I got this idea from my brother. He's a bit vain.

4. Exercise for my heart - At the end of the day, I'll enjoy the cold, quiet moment with the person I love. We'll drink that hot brewed coffee while exchanging stories and snuggling up! Surely, this is the best cure for cabin fever.

I guess this bed weather is not that bad after all.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely it is to be inlove! (Apakilig mu ku. hehe)

    Now I wanna go home to my teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're into daring roles now ei? lols I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.