Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mumbai Tragedy


Reading the news today is disheartening.


Wave of terror attacked Mumbai's tourist, business, and financial district. Hostages were trapped inside Taj and Oberoi Hotels in Mumbai af
ter police and gunmen exchanged fire. Casualty figures varied at this time but one thing is for sure - several innocent people were injured and killed.






photos from the internet

I unconsciously covered my mouth with my hand as I read the morning news. I have been to India in 2004, met a lot of good friends and stayed at an Oberoi Hotel in Bangalore. A CNN employee, Yasmin Wong, got a call from the Taj Hotel staff and was asked to turn her lights off, place a wet towel by her door, and never attempt to leave the room until further notice. I could imagine how horrible this experience could be.

Raging fire, explosions, black smoke, blood, panic and screams - Where has all the love gone?

Late in the evening, I saw mom and asked if she heard about the Mumbai terror. She nodded. I told her I was so frightened that this could also happen in our country. She inquired, "Why are you afraid of such thing? You should not fear anyone but the Lord."

I was dumbfounded. Mom was right. We can never predict what the future holds. It can be terrifying but come to think of it, I should know whom to trust. Our life is with the Lord, our only salvation.


Love and prayers
to all victims of the Mumbai tragedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.