Monday, November 24, 2008

a boxing event



When I saw my brothers watching a boxing event with much rapt and intent yesterday, gladness filled my heart. I can vividly remember their growing up years - mimicking boxers, committing mayhem around the house with their energy, exuberance, and ardor not simmering down.

They grew up together yet their qualities are entirely distinctive. One is laid back and lighthearted and the other is a systematic leader, full of conviction. They have one thing in common though - their sense of humor (I think it runs through our veins). Evening dinner and chit chats won't be complete without their comic antics tickling every member of the family.

Now that they're both of age, I pray to the Lord that they remain generous, loving and happy. May they counterpunch life's trials, throwing a series of uppercuts at problems, just like a professional, disciplined boxer who is utterly undefeated by a unanimous decision.

Deep in my heart, I know they were raised to be responsible and courageous. If their opponent gets aggressive and throws a jab at them, there's no doubt that they can block or slip past them and respond with an inside power punch.

They are in-charge of their own lives but I'll still be here to love them - unfailingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.