Saturday, November 22, 2008

Confessions of an addict

I am an addict.

I am addicted to love.

This should be the reason I've developed an insatiable "thirst" for Edward and Bella's story. I must admit. I am yet another victim of the novel Twilight (by Stephenie Meyer).

This is not your ordinary horrifying, gory vampire novel. The plot has a unique light than the blood-sucking horror they were in the past. No black coffins, no bats, no cob webs, nor freaky hairstyles. It is indeed a spellbinding romance and suspense which “will stay with you long after you have turned the last page.”

I can so identify with Bella’s insecurities, clumsiness, and her irrevocable passion for love. And Edward, He’s definitely one H.O.T. vampire. I like how Meyer described his constant struggle against the primal pull of Bella’s scent. He resisted every urge although the answer was evident - change her - he couldn't damn her soul.

Gilbert got me a LIT file (original Bella’s perspective) and I got another PDF file (Edward’s perspective) from a friend. So I've buried myself in the novel four times in the last five days - on my personal computer, my mom’s computer, my office computer, my sister’s laptop, or my hubby’s PSP.

With every single chance, I go back to the last page I’ve read and satisfy my addiction.

Still can't get enough of Edward and Bella.

I was begging for more.

I don’t think I’m ready to read Meyer’s second novel, New Moon. I want to linger on this moment for quite some time. Reading it was like a breath of fresh romantic air, leaving me with a shivery, thrilling feeling after.

I’m like floating on my natural high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.