Monday, December 22, 2008

pulling up the stakes

One of the biggest decisions anyone could make is quitting their job. It isn't easy, believe me.

Later in the afternoon, I will formally tender my resignation as a Training Facilitator for eTelecare Clark Services. It was a decision that should have happened months ago. I kept on postponing it because I was too afraid to move out of my comfort zone.

my workstation (taken January 2007)

You see, I've been with the company since 1999. This is my first job and the place, my second home. I've spent almost a decade of laughter and trials with people I treasure. In fact, this is where I met the man of my dreams - we call it Love@AOL. (AOL is my original employer. It was acquired by eTelecare in October 2007.)

If there is one thing holding me back, that would be the wonderful relationships I have built both here and abroad. Some moved on with their lives outside the company. Others are still eager to climb the corporate ladder.

I have no plans to work in another call center but still, I want to resign tactfully as it is not wise to burn bridges. My work desk is free from clutter. I'm almost done disposing all paper documents, personal files and e-mail. I also coordinated with the Human Resource Department to confirm my benefit options. I want to leave my job with a clean slate, maintaining positive relationship with the company.

Am I afraid?
Yes, but what an irrational fear!

Am I ready?
It doesn't matter, does it? Ready or not, I've made up my mind.

Am I prepared not to get a regular paycheck?
I will be. Money isn't everything.

It is heartbreaking to say good bye but at the same time, I feel charged and elated to nourish my social and family life. I've contributed more than what was expected of me at work. It's time for me to move on.

1 comment:

  1. our aol memories will be forever in our lives... emestidi rocks.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.