Thursday, December 18, 2008

living the fit life

For the past few days, I have the urge to lose weight and increase my aerobic exercise. I was looking for a truly healthy weight range for my small frame and height. So thanks to the power of Internet, I got it confirmed at an instant - I am overweight.


Yikes!

Even if I don't have extra time for a strict work-out, it doesn't mean I couldn't stay fit. I need to lose those extra pounds. With the food feasting holidays fast approaching, I need to start now or I might end up gaining more weight. We know how tempting holiday meals are - with tasty array of pinoy kakanin (local sweets) and special banquets.

The solution? A more disciplined me.

I really want a healthier lifestyle and make an enjoyable exercise routine that I can keep. I'll start by parking the car a little farther from the main entrance at work for more walking experience. I'll take the stairs when shopping instead of using an elevator/escalator. I'm also considering pairing up with Gilbert in a weekly badminton game. He's always been my work-out buddy and he was telling me last night how eager he is to have me join his badminton group (again!).

I don't plan to starve myself to death but I'll definitely choose my meals more prudently by picking the right food (preferably fresh veggies or fruits) and eating only a good amount.

So there.

My plan: Exercise more and eat less.

I could start with that and then just add more routines the following months.

It may sound simple and uncomplicated but I need to work on it. And the best time to start is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.