Monday, April 13, 2009

Being a Call Center Trainer (Part 3)


Why we need mental composure: If you want to be a trainer, be ready for tons of feedback and criticisms from both your internal and external clients. As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.

No matter how hard you prepare for every class, there will always be unavoidable mistakes or "not so good" interactions with your participants. As adult learners who are full of life experiences, the trainees may question your job knowledge or even your credibility to teach the topic.

The key here is to view feedback as a gift. You can either use it or file it. If you think the feedback will make you a better trainer, then use it by all means. But if you think that the feedback will not give you an advantage, then file it.

There were several times when the client provides me information in the morning and wants me to deliver the training in the evening. That gives me less than seven hours to study the information, come up with a neat module, check for an available training venue, coordinate with team leaders, notify the participants, prepare for the discussion itself and conceptualize a training agenda that would differentiate it from my previous classes.

Believe it or not, in spite of all these somewhat baneful experiences I've shared, my heart will never tire of training or teaching people. I find a sense of unexplainable joy when I teach. And what makes it even more beautiful is when I see my trainees evolve and become better with what they do, because of me.

Being a trainer is no joke.

Being a trainer is a phenomenal privilege.

Being a trainer made me a stronger person.

I have no regrets or whatsoever for burning the candle at both ends. I love being a trainer and the passion for teaching will forever be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice of you to drop by. I'd love to read your comments.